Running the Peachtree Race

While at the hospital and standing around Raquel, I told a group of friends how strong and great I felt so soon after my C-Section. I mentioned that I felt I could do anything and was ready to serve G-d in any way He wanted (but I won't elaborate on what I offered Him). Having survived everything with His help, I was convinced there truly wasn't anything beyond my ability to accomplish with Him, if He wanted me to. I also (probably foolishly) proclaimed that if Raquel was healed I would run the Peachtree Race this year. If I did, it would be the first time ever for me. Kristi S. quickly said she would run it with me.

Humanly speaking, Raquel died and wasn't healed. Yet in light of eternity, she is now enjoying life with G-d the Father and Yeshua His son and all the saints who have gone on before her forever. We are the ones who haven't entered into our eternal rest and destinies nor received our reward. She has.

I decided to honor my rash statement and am going to run this race. Several others volunteered to join me along with Kristi and Gary. If you are interested in running this with us, please let me know. I'm either going to get t-shirts or buttons with her picture made for our group. This will be a blessed time for all of us.

Training is going well so far, amazingly enough. We are all enjoying our walking/jogging routine that we are faithfully doing. Please keep in mind that I haven't done anything physical like this since before my kids were born over eight years ago. The benefits of physical exertion are so great. I have an outlet for the frustration and anger I still feel at times over Raquel's short life. I'm also feeling stronger physically despite this tramatic event. Praise G-d for His strength and protection over us. Can't wait to post pictures of us actually finishing this race at least!

No comments: