The capacity to love

It has been almost 8 months since our little Raquel went home. With time Terry and I have learned to once again trust the Lord with our broken hearts. It seems the more time that passes the more we see how the Lord truly healed our little girl and spared her from a life on earth filled with pain. Our 6 year old son is another story

Our son is having a real hard time accepting God's sovereign will. He doesn’t understand why God would take Raquel home at such a young age. Our son is experiencing a battle for his soul. I am confident the enemy is right there telling him lies and trying to reinforce those lies with false images of reality.

I underestimated my son's capacity to love. When we were going through the funeral and memorial services it seemed as if he was too young to understand. However as time goes by the Lord is revealing just how much he loves her. He is truly heartbroken over the loss and angry with God. We try to explain but in reality this is a spiritual battle that will be fought on our knees, not with our words.

We as parents should all learn this lesson. Our little ones are far more intuitive and sensitive than we give them credit for. Their little hearts are not yet cynical and tarnished by this fallen world. They love with such intensity and hope that it must hurt them more than we want to admit.

Father, help me and my bride understand our children fully, to love them unconditionally and to have wisdom. Amen

1 comment:

Mom said...

So glad you and I are on the same page. After last night, the Lord impressed upon me the need to pray diligently and be vigilant over our kids hearts. Thanks for putting this into words for me. Love being echad! T.